Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Count with Me

Heather visited Dad the other night and he was alert and very responsive throughout the visit. The nurses were all thrilled with his progress! It was a great visit. I talked about what has been going on and was anxious to know what he remembered. He told me that, "I keep remembering that night." He knows what happened and remembers the night of the aneurism, but doesn't have any recollection of his days at Riverside. He still has his memories and knows who we all are. When I asked him if he could count to ten, he said, "yeah." I laughed and said, then, do it! I helped get him started and he was able to count one to ten with ease. He seems to know what he wants to say, but just has some difficulty getting the words out. Hopefully, this will all come with time. He's frustrated, but doing very well.

God is certainly hearing our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's like Eric's mom, Uncle John is beating the odds and it is so very exciting to read about his progress. I am sure this road to recovery will be very frustrating for him, but keep encouraging him, and even more importantly keep laughing and joking with him!!! Sharing laughs truly is the best medicine....